Summer is almost here, and that means lots more opportunities for outdoor gatherings and parties with family and friends. However, frequent summer parties can present a danger for your quartz worktops if you don’t know the proper maintenance methods. Fortunately, Prestige Granite & Marble is here to share some techniques for quartz worktop care. Our stone worktop experts know all the tips and tricks for keeping your worktops free of stains, scratches, and other damages. Here’s our advice for cleaning up after a summer party.
Wipe Up Spills Immediately
Be sure to wipe up spills as soon as they occur. Especially if you have kids, accidents are bound to happen. The best thing you can do is be prepared with a towel to sop up any liquid that might be left on your worktop. Keeping them dry will prevent water spots, streaks, and stains.
Always Use Coasters
One strategy for keeping your worktops dry and water-spot-free is to always use coasters. If you plan to have lots of guests at your summer party, it is a good idea to have a dozen or two coasters ready to go. Serve each drink with a coaster to act as a barrier between condensation and the quartz surface. If you’d like, you can even purchase coasters with intricate patterns to act as an extension of your kitchen’s design.
Keep a Chopping Board Ready
Every summer party could use a vegetable platter complete with all your favourite fresh veggies and complementary dips. However, chopping anything directly on your quartz worktops can lead to unnecessary damage and imperfections. Always use a chopping board to prepare your vegetables, fruits, and cheeses.
Throw Out Harsh Cleaning Supplies
Once the party ends and the guests have left for the night, it’s time to start cleaning your quartz worktops. But you shouldn’t use just anything to keep your worktops spick and span! Get rid of any harsh, highly-acidic cleaners that could damage its surface. Use natural surface cleaners and simple soap and water instead of:
- Drain cleaners
- Dishwashing agents
- Oven cleaners
- Floor strippers
- Steel wool
Clean Up Right After Guests Leave
Start cleaning right away at the conclusion of the party—we don’t recommend leaving any mess until the morning! Not addressing coffee or tea stains on a quartz countertop can result in hard-to-remove imperfections. Luckily, cleaning your quartz quickly goes a long way to maintaining its natural beauty for years to come. Here are our suggestions for how to properly clean and take care of a quartz kitchen worktop:
- Sweep Off Large Pieces or Spills: Clear your worktop of any large food particles left behind from the party and mop up all spills as soon as possible. Leaving spills to sit on your quartz can lead to hard-to-remove stains.
- Use Hot Water: You rarely need soap to clean a quartz worktop. Simply heat up some water and lightly scrub the surface with a cloth.
- Quick and Easy Stain Removal: Sometimes stains occur despite your best efforts. If you notice a stain at the end of the night, grab a bit of dish soap and apply it over the stain. Let it sit for about ten minutes, and then wipe it off with a soft cloth. This easy process should significantly reduce the appearance of stains.
- Wipe Down With a Soft Cloth: Once you’ve removed pesky stains and cleansed the quartz worktop, be careful not to leave any moisture behind. Do a final sweep of your worktop, wiping it off with a soft cloth. Stay away from any abrasive materials that might scratch the shiny surface.
Prioritise Regular Maintenance
Quartz is one of the easiest worktop materials to clean, but that doesn’t mean you’ll never need routine maintenance. While quartz requires no scheduled maintenance (like sealing or waxing), we do recommend using some special cleaning techniques once in a while. In between parties, don’t forget to occasionally wash your worktop with a mild liquid dish soap. This will take care of the normal mess that occurs from daily cooking and baking. Again, avoid harsh chemicals and abrasive cloths.
Quartz Worktops Are Popular for Good Reason
Maintenance for quartz worktops is minimal compared to other popular options, including granite. But that’s just one reason why quartz surfaces are so great for summer parties! Customers from across the North West region purchase quartz worktops to take advantage of all the following:
- Exceptional durability
- Scratch and stain resistance
- Resistance to water damage and bacteria
- A spectrum of colours and textures
- Natural beauty and unmatched aesthetic
Contact Prestige Granite & Marble to Learn More
Whether you are cleaning up after a summer party or tidying your worktops after cooking dinner, it’s important to know the proper steps for quartz worktop care. The team at Prestige Granite & Marble is glad to provide expert tips for maintaining worktops and recommend stone worktop cleaners that won’t result in more damage. Do you have questions about installing a quartz worktop and choosing the best slab for your home? Contact us today or visit our showroom in Liverpool.